Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekly Weigh-In, and The 11th Hour Job Offer

Starting weight: 240
Current weight: 233
Change this week: -1

Total change: -7

This will be a quickie, as I’m trying to get myself packed to go to a conference for the rest of the week. So, I lost a pound, which is probably due to some combination of my period being over and having done my pilates video a few times this week.

Oh, and here’s some Really Good News: I got hired permanently today! It’s a great position at the hospital where I currently work and where my postdoc is getting ready to end. I could not be happier. The process was unbelievably fast, particularly for this institution, where progress is usually glacial. I was summoned to our mental health director’s office today, interviewed with him at 1pm, with another manager at 4pm and had an offer by 4:30. This was all for a position that I didn’t even know was available until last Friday. Unbelievable. I feel so, so relieved.

Well, I’ll post more over the weekend. For anyone who’s emailed me in the last week or so, I apologize for the delay in responding…I’m up to my ears in stuff.

Happy week, all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too fantastic, Luna. Congrats on you getting the sweet job, not having to move, etc. 1st or 11th hour, a job is a job and you did it. Good for you!

*S*

Anonymous said...

Oh what fantastic news! CONGRATULATIONS, Luna! I am so glad to hear that it has all worked out as you wanted it too. Hooray! *does a little dance*.

Have a great time at the conference and I can't wait for you to report back. :D XXXXX

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy this has sorted itself out the way you hoped. I'd had my fingers crossed that something like this would happen and you'd be able to stay there.

-Meegan

Erin said...

Wonderful news! I'm so glad they're going to keep you...they're very lucky.

Have a wonderful time at your conference.